I have been wanting to make a quilt for a very long time. I just get nervous about finishing them. I have a Halloween quilt that I still have not quilted and finished. This mug rug idea is perfect for trying out the whole quilt process without having to commit to a large project.
I made my first quilt/mug rug and finished it in two days. I was sewing some other things on Tuesday before I started the mug rug so I think I could make one in a day. It turned out great! I have to admit that I made several mistakes though. I did free motion quilting for the first time and it got a bit crazy. The real issues I had were in relation to the binding. I just didn't know what I was doing and the hand stitching on the back of the binding needs major work.
I still say it turned out great and the person who received it loved it.
Here are some quick photos I took of it before giving it away.



.jpg)
2 comments:
Fun mug rug.
This term was new to me too! What a great idea!
Post a Comment