Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dead Man's Party SAL - Yarn Done

I spun up my Dracula batts for the SAL today. It was a lot of fun. I spun a single and included the novelty yarn with which the batts were tied. I practiced making nubs with the eco-spun. I had a great time spinning this up! I even included the strand of bats.

After I finished the single I plied it with a bright red metallic thread. I ended up with a nice lofty yarn. My nubs need some work but they look pretty cool. They kind of remind me of ghosts. Ooo...

Specs: I spun the single with a 8.5 ratio and plied at 6. I soaked the yarn in warm/hot water for 25min, rang it out a bit before putting it in a towel to get the excess water out, and gave it a good snap before hanging to dry. The finished yarn is 2 ply and 56 yards.






No comments: