As long as I can remember I have been cursed when it comes to sewing machines. I have wanted to make my own close since birth. I never could so my mother would have to make all the last minute outfits for me. I would walk into the room to see how she was doing and the sewing machine would jam up. Every time I was near a sewing machine it would break down. We could never afford a super fancy machine so we made due with what we had. In a way I feel like I missed out on the experience of sewing things together with my mom.
I took up hand sewing and needle crafts because I knew that was unbreakable. It wasn't until a couple of years ago that I finally tired again with a sewing machine. I have a cheap Europro that works like a charm...for me. I can do small little projects like pouches and things like that. I still haven't attempted the more difficult projects I have wanted to do because I know that I will need to finish the edges properly. I have some beautiful blue silk that is just waiting for me to get a serger so I can finally make that amazing skirt.
To win a serger would mean several things to me. It would better my life because it would mean that I finally get a chance at a "real" machine. I can make the projects I have been dreaming of making and finishing. I can also share it with my mother. She has never had a serger and I would love to work together on projects instead of look in from a far hoping the machine doesn't brake.
Thanks for the chance to win.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment