I got to use my studio for the first time tonight. I was great! I was overcome by the artist inside of me and I went downstairs to work. I was able to grab what I needed and just work. When I felt like stopping I was able to leave my stuff out. It was amazing not to have to pack everything back up. I feel free to flow in and out when the mood hits me. I feel like an artist again. After two long and hard years I think I might be free to create fully.
What makes all this better is that I have another studio...upstairs. This one is my fiber side. I have my fabric, fluff, and yarn in it. I have a lot more work to do to get it up and running properly. The room is full of light and space. I can't wait to get my sewing machine set up so I can actually work. My spinning wheels are in desperate need to use. It has been a few weeks now and I am starting to jones for some fluff in the hand.
I do have an upcoming event in Oct. I want to have fluff, yarn, and art ready so I have to pace myself. I can't do it all at once but I can do a little here and there.
I feel so lucky to be here now.
(And the dogs love it too)
.jpg)
1 comment:
This is SO exciting! How did the move go? Can't wait to see your place all set up!
Post a Comment