Monday, May 23, 2011

May Giveaway Day!


Sew Mama Sew is hosting another Giveaway Day! There are hundreds of blogs participating. I am one of them so, WELCOME!

I am giving away a hand-spun skein of art yarn made from all kinds of fibers, mostly wool. This is one of my test skeins to see if I really was allergic to wool. The answer is yes which means I can't use it but maybe you can make something out of it in your crafting adventures. There is about 83 yards.

In addition to the yarn I am including two of my project notebooks. Both books have the Turkish spindle on the covers and are hand sewn with baker's twine. I am also including a notions bag/cosmetic bag in the whole deal. I used this pattern to make it.


How to enter: Just go to my etsy shop, take a look around, come back here and let me know what you like, don't like or leave any constructive feedback. That is it! One entry per person. This giveaway is open internationally too. Please leave your email in your comment or have your email turned on in your blogger profile. All entries must be in by 11:59pm (EST) of the 25th. The winner will be selected by a random number generator and announced on May 26th.

Note about email & blogger: Please check your profile settings. If you're a 'no reply' blogger and you don't leave an email address in your comments there is no way of contacting you should you win! If you're not sure what I mean by 'no reply' blogger read this Post it will improve your chances of winning anything, anywhere by a 100% (copied from Where the Orchids Grow)

Thanks for stopping by and good luck with all the giveaways! Make sure to check them all out.

105 comments:

Caranam said...

I absolutely love your yarns. (I favorited one on Etsy)

My only comment about your store would be if you end up with any more things in it to have a category function to one side. So if I was just looking for yarn I could just click the yarn section rather than scrolling through all of the stuff.

Thanks for such a neat giveaway!

Lindsey Raughton said...

i love the spring notebooks. too cute! :)

Crystal Arcand said...

I'm loving the Bumble Bee Hand Spun Alpaca & Silk Yarn - those greens are gorgeous!

crystalarcand (at) gmail (dot) com

Jody said...

I love to knit for my girls so absolutely love your giveaway:)
I checked out your etsy shop and love your spring books...I keep track of my knitting projects so these are perfect|!
Thanks for a great giveaway:)
jodym7atyahoo.com

Anonymous said...

great shop, love the bug book :)
texhelena(at)aol(dot)com

Allison said...

your shop looks really nice! i like the yarn and the handsewn notebooks. the notebooks are small enough that they'd be great for keeping in a project bag to make notes on whatever i'm knitting.

Meikjn said...

alpaca and silk yarn sounds wonderful. I think you should make what you want. it's etsy. the whole point is it is fun! I think your stuff is really nice.

Homemaker Honey said...

I like this hand spun yarn:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/74596040/sunshine-on-a-cloudy-day-hand-spun-yarn

G'Day! I'm here for the Sew, Mama, Sew Giveaway Day! Please visit me, too:
http://www.homemakerhoney.com/2011/05/sew-mama-sew-may-giveaway-day-ends-may.html

Deborah
Homemaker Honey
@Homemaker_Honey
homemakerhoney.com
homemakerhoney @gmail .com

Jessica Jo said...

Yay! Art yarn! Ilove your handmade books. I have a book on how to make books, but I haven't gotten into it yet. I think it may be something I only get in to intellectually and not physically.

Sharon said...

I thought the spring notebooks are super cute.

Very Verdant said...

Wow, how generous of you. I am a constant list maker and these notebooks would be perfect. Thank you for the chance to win.

D. said...

Wow, that is a beautiful range of vibrant and bright colors with your notebooks. Nice! I'll have to order some if I don't win ^^

Thank you for the chance to win!

Daniela

dreschermail at gmail.com

R said...

Love the prints on the books!

RP from BBC {at} gmail {dot} com

Abby said...

Beautiful notebook and bag...and yarn for that matter! All of your books are so beautiful, I love them.

Unknown said...

The bumble bee handspun yarn. Beautiful. What a generous giveaway.

Lisa said...

I love love love the notebooks!

eidolons said...

I love your yarn "Sunshine on a Cloudy Day" - it's beautiful! My only contructive critism is that the last "a" in Maya is hard to see on your banner.

Thanks for the chance to win such lovely goodies!

eidolons AT gmail DOT com

Domestic Diva said...

Lovely! Thanks for the chance.

The sheep coptic stitch journals are fab.

lovelydomesticdiva (at) gmail (dot) com

LaraM said...

Wow, love the yarn & the grey notebooks. I agree that categories could be nice on the side. Thanks for the giveaway

Meagan said...

I love all your little notebooks!
Trendymeg@msn.com

Dulce said...

You make really beautiful items. I would suggest using more colorful fabric or paint to make your items POP and add more variety to your shop :D

Shirley said...

I like the Oriental - Coptic Stitch Journal.

Anonymous said...

I really like the styles you have available in your etsy shop. The colors are bold but not wild and 'in your face'.
Only critique I can think of is maybe build up a little more inventory, but that tends to come with time from what I have heard.

Thank you for the chance to enter your giveaway.

At Home With Michelle said...

I like the Spring Notebooks - 3 pack:) thanks for the chance to win:)

btsoi. said...

I love little notebooks and your project notebooks look wonderful.

Rachel Martorano of Ravens Rascals said...

I like everything you have in your store. The only constructive thing I can come up with is a different banner that shows more of what your shop is about. But that's minor and is perfectly fine the way it is, too. Thanks for the chance to win!

ravensrascals at gmail dot com

sweet limes said...

I'm a note book freak so I'm loving all the notebooks you have.

limes.sweet(at)gmail(dot)com

Jessica said...

I like the bugs book and the summer day yarn, really pretty handspun!

Littlebit said...

Thank you so much for the opportunity to win
libbystiles(at)hotmail(dot)com
the little bug book is so cute, my son would love it

Amy said...

I love the poppy book. I love poppies! Thanks for the chance.

Larissa said...

I love that bumblebee yarn!

larissaesq at gmail dot com

Sarah said...

I love the yarn in your etsy store. My suggestion would be more of it!

Thanks for the giveaway

Sarah @ Kiwi Gets Crafty
http://kiwigetscrafty.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

Great giveaway, I love your handspun yarns in your shop they are just gorgeous! Thanks for the chance to win!
okiedokiemama at yahoo dot com

Marta said...

Love your books! Especially the bug one! Beware! Hehe!

odessa said...

I love your sunshine on a cloudy day handspun. I'd love to win this prize, it's so pretty!

odessa.who.rox@gmail.com

Wehaf said...

I love your books, and I wish you had more cards for sale. I go through birthday cards like crazy.

urchiken at gmail dot com

Crafty Moira said...

I love love love your project books! Actually, everything in your shop is great! It takes a while to build traffic for etsy, so keep at it! I read a top seller say once that they tried to list or relist every day. I don't have time for that, but I do my best to be very active.

Catherine said...

Love the Time 2 Accordion Book - Gray.
Thanks!
catherinedpayne@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Your handspun yarn is GORGEOUS! I would love to knit that up! katiefewell(at)gmail(dot)com

Lauria said...

I love the sheep notebook! Having a map on the inside cracked me up!!!

I'm just learning how to spindle, so the Turkish spindle notebook is PERFECT. :)

nicole said...

love your accordion books...and the simple one image on front books...sweet shop!

thanks for the sweet give-away!
email in profile or
nicmowat (AT) gmail (dot) com

mellowpuff said...

Your books look so well made, and I love that some of your cards have a yarn theme.
That yarn is gorgeous, it makes me want to give spinning a go. BTW, your dogs are super cute.

Anonymous said...

You notebooks are adorable. I added your shop to my favourites.

anna [at] 64colorbox [dot] com

Maxine said...

What a lovely give away! Thank you for the chance to win!

BunTine said...

What a lovely shop !
I love your bug book....when you want to see how I love Bugs than come to my blog and see the Banner above....there's although a giveaway.....!
Regards from Munich (Germany)
♥BunTine

Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

Ohhh, love the oriental coptic stitch journal and whimsical blue ornament cards!

Thanks for the chance!
debyeo at hotmail dot com

Mary said...

I like your maple bud books but they're all a really fun style. Thanks for the chance to win!

Cherie said...

I love your yarns! Both of those in your shop are gorgeous. :) epeanut79 at comcast dot net

MooBear Designs said...

I haven't seen a handmade accordion book before!!

xo Steph

DangAndBlast! said...

I'd say the categories thing is a good suggestion. I like your header... and, in case I don't win, you can check your email and see I like your stuff too :) your notebooks look like my antique (but in-use) spinning wheel!

Kristi said...

Nice shop. Your pictures and descriptions are great. That yarn is very lovely!

mindfulhome at gmail dot com

Sarah said...

Love your notebooks! I would offer different types of notebooks, e.g. graph paper, sketch paper, etc.

Lisa said...

I love the spring notebooks. Thanks for the chance to win!

Anonymous said...

I love your notebooks and yarn! Thanks for the giveaway.

Jingle said...

I love the lion book in bright yellow! I think I have some of your notebooks, actually! LOL! A set similar to the spring set you have up right now. I love them! jinglesells at gmail dot com

Gill said...

I love your sheep journal

sharmylae said...

i love the music note accordian book! so adorable!

Christine D. | The Plumed Nest said...

very lovely! happy to have found your blog!

i love the notebooks! all of them!

http://lulobird.blogspot.com

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

Lovely shop. I like your 3pack of spring notebooks.

Constructive criticism? The last "a" in your banner is hard to read since it's background is darker...maybe try a different color font, or making it just a bit smaller so it doesn't end on that dark spot?

Stephanie Granite said...

I really like the project notebook you have in your shop, it's really pretty!

kristen said...

i like the Sunshine on a Cloudy Day Hand Spun Yarn

kscratch82 at gmail dot com

CMEH said...

OK this is one of my favorite giveaways so far! Art yarn and notebooks!?!?!?! How can it get better?????? THanks for such a wonderful giveaway!

Danielle said...

I love the oriental journal and the sunshine on a cloudy day yarn. Thanks for the giveaway!

HelenN said...

I love the Spring notebooks, so pretty!

helenhsin(at)yahoo(dot)com

Jo said...

I love all your journals and notebooks and everything, essentially! :)

jo.tee35 AT gmail DOT com

Sangeetha said...

Like the yarn, would feature all your best sellers first though

Delaina said...

I love the notebooks!!
delainaj36(at)gmail(dot)com

adrienne said...

Your shop looks really nice! Great pictures!!

My suggestion would be clarify shipping costs, unless it's mentioned somewhere and I missed it. Some items had $0 shipping, some had slightly higher.... Consistently offering free shipping, or else charging, would be awesome :)

Chantal said...

My favorite things in your shop are the flower journals. I also just love the yarn, it looks like it would knit up sooo nicely.

Renae said...

I think that your yarn is great! I think it would be nice to have the notion bags also.

zees5 said...

I love the handspun yarn and the music not accordian books.

Unknown said...

I really like your shop. Your notebooks are really cute.

appetizerforacraftymind(at)yahoo(dot)com

lesleyandsara said...

your project jornals are to die for! i love them all!
phillandlesley at msn.com

Liz said...

The print style journals are awesome. Your yarns are lovely!

Anonymous said...

I love your hand spun yarn (both that I can see listed), and it would be a lot of fun to be able to play with them!

Claire Atoxim said...

I really like all the different notebooks. Thanks so much for the chance to win this great prize!

Atoxim at gmail dot com

Kiza said...

Wow, this is a very generous giveaway! I think your Etsy store looks great. You've got really nice photos, which goes a long long way towards making the store look good, and you're carrying really nice items. The yarn is gorgeous, and I'm particularly fond of the project books. Thanks for taking part in Giveaway Day and for offering such a great giveaway!

mamaTAVE said...

I like it all! The yarn is beautiful, and the notebooks are very clever. I like the simplicity of them and their designs.
Thank you for the opportunity to win such a cool prize, and I'm sorry you are allergic to wool. :-(

rads said...

i like the antiqued damask accordian

thanks for the giveaway

radiyas(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

your shop is lovely, and your prices are awesome... i'm ordering something right now. The little notebooks, while fabulous might not be useful to very many people, but, as a stationary lover, i'd buy them as cards! could you make just the outside and sell it as a card? the print on it is lovely, esp the pink! If the free shipping is for real, make that more obvious!

Binks said...

I really like the variety of designs for your notebooks and would love to see more for the Coptic Stitch Journals. I love the 'Oriental Journal' print and would love to see more along those lines. But everything you have up is gorgeous.

hueisei said...

Thanks for the generous giveaway!
I hope I am the lucky one..
I loves Oriental - Coptic Stitch Journal from your shop ^^
The Japanese doll is so adorable :)

Fleurette said...

Gosh, everything in your shop is lovely, love the yarn and the oriental journal. Thanks for the wonderful giveaway.

PT_Sarah said...

I love all the bright colors you use on your books! That and the contrast between those colors and the black or white...I also love the music note one!

Sarah
angelpie0303@yahoo.com

Lee said...

I love the books and journals - the sheep one is so cute and the name of your yarn - sunshiine on a cloudy day. Very nice blog and shop! thank you for the lovely giveaway!
butler83ataoldotcom

Emilie said...

I love the originality of your books (the stamps/ prints that are on them). Such a good variety too!
Good work and thanks for the giveaway!

elflyn said...

I love your yarn.
Thank you for the opportunity to win.

xTroublex said...

I really like the spinning wheel print on the notebooks :)

Peach Rainbow said...

Lovely giveaway - Thanks for the chance :D
I love your Spring Notebooks - So sweet!

Anonymous said...

Oh, handmade yarn, that sounds very special, (no itch for me either) and I love the other gifts you are generously providing. Thank-you for the chance.

Gina said...

You take very nice photos!
I like black and white argyle accordian book. nice!

Beth said...

I love the alpaca yarn! And the bug book too, but especially that green yarn!
yobethie(at)hotmail(dot)com

Serena said...

This is an amazing giveaway. Thank you.

I love your notebooks. The spinning wheel is an especially cool design. And the alpaca and silk yarn is beautiful is is probably the softest thing in the world. Great combination!

Sean and Laura said...

I really like your projects, and i think the photography shows them off well. consider using a more colorful, or textured backdrop to set off the items. Just an idea. Thanks for the giveaway.

Southern Girl said...

spinning wheel notebooks!

ElfRenee said...

I love all your books! The covers are so cute! I especially love the accordion books!

reneelasater(at)hotmail(dot)com

Betty said...

I loved your yarn-I would love to learn to spin!
bgeorge1957@hotmail.com

Djaj said...

as a knitter, I fall for your black alpaca and yellow silk yarn ! thanks for the chance !

Anonymous said...

I loved your notebooks with the spinning wheels on them. I'd like to see more handspun yarn of course as I love to look at it and would feel very lucky to win some of yours. Thanks for the giveaway!

Anonymous said...

I would love to enter. I like the spring note books


Emily

Sk8ter.emily (at) gmail (dot) com

Kathleen said...

I LOVE all your sketchbooks -- so many choices and such variety!
Thank you for your kindness and generousity (even if I am not a winner this time around)!

Hippie Housewife said...

Beautiful!

I love the spring notebook packs in your shop. :)

Anonymous said...

i'm totally digging the lavendar notebook with the poppy on the front. great stuff! thanks for the chance!

Jenelle said...

I love the tree nut book! It's great to see that you hand stitch all of these. (My coptic stitch could use a lot of work!) Thanks for the chance to win :)

Linda Meyers-Gabbard said...

Ladyblueeyez1960 at aol dot com

http://www.etsy.com/listing/66509871/oriental-coptic-stitch-journal

Love it