Monday, May 17, 2010

Spinning for a Year

I can't believe it has only been a year since I started spinning. I picked up some soysilk and made my own drop spindle. It was a mess but I really liked it. I decided to take a class and the next thing I know I have fiber all over the house. I have an obsession of silky fibers and luxuriously crafted spindles. Once my spinning wheel gets rocking I can't seem to stop. I am working on some silk right now.

The Sedalia Fiber Festival was fun. I didn't find what I was looking for but there are many more fiber festivals coming up this year. It was a really hot day and it was a challenge to get there. I did enjoy looking around.

I got some yarn from Elizabeth, I love her yarn. I also got an alpaca cookie cutter, a mini sock pattern & blocking keychain, and one of the coolest bags ever. I got a Nantucket Bagg it is awesome!

No comments: