Wednesday, September 16, 2009

HAMfest Shelby, NC

A couple of weeks ago we drove down to NC for the HAMfest. I am not the HAM in the family but I had a good time anyway. I got to take some cool photos of old radios and cute little switches/parts. I also got to spend some much needed time with a great friend! There was talking, eating, talking, knitting, talking, picture taking, talking, exchange of fiber gifts, talking, talking, and more talking! It was wonderful!

The first part of the morning I hung out at the fest.













Then I met up with my friend and we toured lovely NC. She gave me some lovely banana yarn from the Blonde Chicken Boutique!

We went to Mary Jo's Cloth Store. Amazing! I found some wonderful patterns and some gorgeous silk! (no pic) We moved on to her LYS, Close Knit. It was a great store in a very nice house. I enjoyed sitting on the sofa and watching Chris knit with US size 50 needles!

The owner Sheri has wonderful energy and the atmosphere there was just so much fun. I got some lovely ribbon along with a few other things.

My friend has art yarn for sale there and online. She also teaches spinning classes. If you live in the Gastonia/Charlotte area you should check this place out.

There is a lot next to Close Knit that has a massive paint can. It used to be part of a sign. It beckoned me to get closer to it.


Last but not least we stopped at Amelie's French Bakery. So yummy!

No comments: