Thursday, August 6, 2009

Spinning Wheel

Well, guess what showed up on my doorstep yesterday afternoon?! A spinning wheel! A Louet Julia S-11 to be exact. I had to put it together but it was super easy to do. It even came with real tools. Not some cheap dinky thing that doesn't work. I spread out all the parts and put it together in little over 10 minutes, with Abby's help of course (see upper right hand corner of image for proof).

Finished. (with flash)

Finished. (with out flash)

I spun some sample fibers up last night. It is a great wheel! The treadles are smooth and everything feels good while spinning.
Along the lines of fiber addiction...I am gathering information and supplies to dye some fiber with natural dyes. Last weekend I harvested a basket full of marigolds. I dried the petals but I am also going to be using fresh flowers. The vivid color of them may have blown my sensor out in my digi cam but they are just so pretty!

No comments: